Starting October 7, 2010 I begin a new way of life, with the AmeriCorps NCCC, serving the western region of the United States. This is a large change for me, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. I have quit my job, taken a temporary (possibly permanent) leave of absence from the East Granby Fire Department, and have left my family, friends, and most of my possessions behind. Although only for 10 months, I hope it will change my future, as I attempt to better the lives of my fellow Americans! This is my story...
the following blog entries are the thoughts and compilations of myself, and in no way reflect that of the AmeriCorps as a whole.
the following blog entries are the thoughts and compilations of myself, and in no way reflect that of the AmeriCorps as a whole.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Arches National Park
Today, we went to Arches National Park, just outside Moab, UT. Well known for it's natural beauty, it was truly amazing. We attempted to complete a 7 mile circular hike around Devil's Garden, but we decided to turn around after exploring about 5 miles of "off-shoots" of the main trail. The landscape was some of the coolest and most inspiring I've ever seen. I took a boat-load of pics and put them online already... so the link to that is below!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment