Starting October 7, 2010 I begin a new way of life, with the AmeriCorps NCCC, serving the western region of the United States. This is a large change for me, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. I have quit my job, taken a temporary (possibly permanent) leave of absence from the East Granby Fire Department, and have left my family, friends, and most of my possessions behind. Although only for 10 months, I hope it will change my future, as I attempt to better the lives of my fellow Americans! This is my story...




the following blog entries are the thoughts and compilations of myself, and in no way reflect that of the AmeriCorps as a whole.




Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Green River EpiCenter

For those of you still wondering about the EpiCenter that I talk about so much in my blog, they have a blog of their own!!!  You can read their daily posts, as well as read the about, projects and other sections on the blog.  You can also purchase things from their store, which will GREATLY help them!!!

http://epicenter.tumblr.com/


Most lately, we burned goat heads!!!  "Goat heads" are these pricker type plant that are ALL over green river, maybe UT (not sure). But the plant drops these small (dime sized) pieces that have two or three spikes about 1/8 inch sticking out of any side.. they're nasty little buggers, especially if you walk around barefoot! Only happened once for me!!! But they were no match for fire!!!!!! The playground is now safe again to play on!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment